Friday, February 13, 2009

Another good read

Whenever I read an exceptionally good book I like to let others know about it. I just finished reading "Against Medical Advice" by James Paterson & Hal Friedman. It's a true story about Cory Friedman, put in his own words by the authors. Cory has been afflicted since age 5 with Tourette's syndrome and OCD. The book tells of the struggles and trials he and his family went through as a result of his affliction. I had a diffacult time putting the book down. I normally average about two weeks to read a book but this one took 4 days. Not only was it entertaining but it has given me new insight into this affliction.
(Posted by Ken}

1 comment:

Amy Alexander said...

I just love how many books you are getting to read and how many new topics you are opening your mind to!