Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yard sale findings

As some of you know, my beloved wife Bev, loves yard sales and I sometimes reluctantly accompany her. I figure if I'm there, I might as well see if there is anything I can use. I usually head for the books since there are some good bargains occasionally. One of my most recent acquisitions was a book titled "MISTAKEN IDENTITY". It's a book about the Taylor University students and staff that were involved in a horrific traffic accident that killed 5 of them. A mistake was made in identifying two of the students who were similar in appearance. One of the two survived although barely. The book tells of the horrors the two families went through, one burying who they thought was their daughter while the other spent weeks beside the hospital bed of who they thought was their daughter. You can imagine the emotions of both families when they realized the truth 5 weeks later.

This was covered extensively by the media at the time. I recall hearing about it but didn't follow the story. I found the book spiritually uplifting after reading how these two families dealt with everything and still praised the Lord through it all. I admit I wiped a tear of two when reading about their experience. If any of you, like me, didn't follow the events at the time it happened, I highly recommend this book.
(Posted by Ken)
week

2 comments:

Amy Alexander said...

Wow! That sounds exactly like the kind of book I would love to read. Will you save it for me when we come to visit in August?

Amy Alexander said...

LOVE this book! Thank you for sharing it (even though it made me cry 14 times!)