Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One day mini vacation





For Father's Day Cathie said she would drive me (and Bev too) to any place I want, for a meal. We thought about it and decided that even though we had seen many parts of the world, there were places in Washington State we haven't seen, such as Walla Walla. We decided to make it a one day mini vacation, taking a route we hadn't traveled before. We stopped to see Palouse Falls, which seems completely out of place, in the middle of the rolling hills of wheat and sage brush country. Upon arriving at Walla Walla, we had a great lunch, and I had a piece of chocolate cake that was something special! Afterwards, we toured some of the historic sites. It was a great Father's Day gift, and one that will be remembered.

2 comments:

Amy Alexander said...

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I would like to visit this place (and have some of that cake) with you at some point in the near future!

The Walkers said...

What a fun trip! I think I might have to make a trip just for that chocolate cake : )